Microsoft has issued an update to Windows 11 version 21H2 for Insiders running the OS in the Release Preview channel. It includes a couple of new features, such as the ability to display urgent notifications when focus assist is on, Windows Autopilot deployment scenario compatibility. Also, it includes several performance and reliability improvements.
The new build is available as a cumulative update KB5015878.
What's new in Windows 10 Build 19044.1862, KB5015878, Release Preview
- The ability to enable urgent notifications when focus assist is on.
- Restored functionality for Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios that are affected by the security mitigation for hardware reuse. This update removed the one-time use restriction for self-deploying mode (SDM) and pre-provisioning (PP). This update also re-enabled any User Principal Name (UPN) display in user-driven mode (UDM) deployments for approved manufacturers.
- Reduced the overhead of resource contention in high input/output operations per second (IOPS) scenarios that have many threads contending on a single file.
- Improved the reliability of a push-button reset after an OS upgrade.
- Fixed an issue that makes the tenant restrictions event logging channel inaccessible if you remove the EN-US language pack.
- Fixed an issue that prevents troubleshooters from opening.
- Updated the Remove-Item cmdlet to properly interact with Microsoft OneDrive folders.
- Fixed an issue that causes certain docking stations to lose internet connectivity when waking from Sleep mode.
- Added functionality that caches additional audio endpoint information to improve the OS upgrade experience.
- Fixed an issue that might cause consecutive video clip playback to fail in games that use DX12.
- Fixed an issue that affects certain games that use the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- Fixed an issue that causes port mapping conflicts for containers.
- Fixed an issue that causes Code Integrity to continue trusting a file after the file has been modified.
- Fixed an issue that might cause Windows to stop working when you enable Windows Defender Application Control with the Intelligent Security Graph feature turned on.
- Fixed an issue that affects the height of the Search box when you use multiple monitors that have different resolutions as measured dots per inch (DPI).
- Fixed an issue that prevents the Storage Migration Service (SMS) from completing inventory on servers that have many shares. The system logs error event 2509 in Microsoft-Windows-StorageMigrationService/Admin channel (ErrorId=-2146233088/ErrorMessage=”Invalid table id”).
- Fixed an issue that causes the Windows profile service to fail sporadically. The failure might occur when signing in. The error message is, “gpsvc service failed to sign in. Access denied”.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!