I am happy to release Winaero Tweaker for all interested users. It is version 1.30, and it comes with a number of new features for both Windows 11 and other supported Windows versions. I support Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. However, Windows 7 users must install .NET 4.5 to continue using the app. Well, I guess you already know this. Here's what's new.
What's new in Winaero Tweaker 1.30
- You can add Task Manager to the Desktop context menu (this works in all supported Windows versions).
- You can add Group Policy to the Desktop context menu (in all supported Windows versions).
- You can add "Restart Explorer" to the Desktop context menu in all supported Windows versions.
- Added two new tools:
- You can create desktop shortcuts to Shut down, Restart, Hibernate and Sleep actions in all Windows versions. Save your time using such shortcuts. For "shut down", you can create both the full shut down shortcut (turns off the OS without the hibernation data, next start is cold start) and hybrid shut down shortcut (next start will be done with Fast Startup).
- If you tray icons (notification area/taskbar corner overflow) look broken, you can now reset their cache using Winaero Tweaker.
- Windows 11: Added a number of improvements to the "Classic Taskbar" feature. After enabling it, you can quickly turn on the clock, network, and sound icons. There is a link for that.
- Windows 11: Added a dedicated option to restore the Ribbon in File Explorer.
- Windows 11: You can now move the taskbar to the top, left or right side of the screen. The left and right side taskbar is still half-baked, as Microsoft doesn't officially support the taskbar moving.
- Fixed Windows 10 version 21H2 detection. It was reported as 21H1.
- Fixed the context menu\ remove default entries\ pin to start removal. The "Pin to Start" command was only removed for files. Now it also disappears for folders.
- Fixed the Shell Folder shortcut option. Once you create a shell folder shortcut, the option used to appear in the "Recently changed" list. That's wrong; this doesn't change anything on your computer.
The Task Manager Desktop context menu.
The Group Policy Desktop context menu.
The "Restart Explorer" Desktop context menu.
The Shut down desktop shortcut tool
The Reset tray icon cache tool.
Windows 11: The updated Classic Taskbar UI.
Windows 11: Restore the Ribbon in File Explorer option
Windows 11: Move the Taskbar
Download Winaero Tweaker 1.30
You can download Winaero Tweaker using the following links.
- Download Winaero Tweaker from Winaero
- Download Winaero Tweaker from the official mirror.
- Download Winaero Tweaker from our Telegram channel <-- I always upload the app to the Telegram for your convenience.
Release History | The list of Winaero Tweaker features | Winaero Tweaker FAQ
Thanks to everyone involved in this release, and special thanks personally to YOU, my dear Winaero Tweaker users. Your trust, feedback and support fills my life with special meaning. THANK YOU.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
25 thoughts on “Winaero Tweaker 1.30 is here, allows you to move Windows 11 taskbar, and more!”
thanks for the great app!
Thanks for your kind words!
Appreciate your continuous work Sergey on various fixes for Windows
Thank you sir.
i can only say.. yyyooouhoouuhh and big fad thank you Sergey :)
i guess also from the OpenShell community ..
and in my own name in any case..
by the way.. want you not help with at the Openshell..
with an couples code lines from time to time, could be cool :))
to help further to have different Startmenu’s for the future WinNT’s
For me.. you be heavy invited to help with at Open Shell :)
Thanks for your kind words and for invitation!
I post here in lieu of a bug tracker. (Is there a bug tracker?)
Try: searching for the word ‘context’; clicking the resulting ‘context menu’ entry (or is it double-click?); and then see how the results paint, namely, very slowly.
PS: When this form detects an invalid email address field, it should not force the user to retype her comment.
I tried to change “RegisteredOwner” and “RegisteredOrganization” using your Winaero Tweaker but it didn’t work. I followed your lead and found that I had to make the changes you recommended, but at a different Registry location (See below).
Thank you Sergey! Appreciate all your hard work in keeping WinAero Tweaker current and up-to-date with great new features and tweaks!
Thank you for the kind words!
Sergei, thank you for your great work.
I have noticed a small issue in Win11 when the taskbar gets moved to the top; the quick settings pane with the audio, mouse, etc gets cut off.
It’s no big deal but ought to mention it.
Yep, the taskbar when moved to any non-default location has these or those issues. That’s a pity.
Tnx for this app win10 was nothing wrong with, but win11 is terrible to work with with the new start menu/ taskbar and right click menu.
So keep up the good work :D
I love your app very much it is quite succinct. and I have a pretty queer problem that I try to change inactivated title bar color using the app(I checked its prerequistes carefully), while it turns out to only work out for edge(internet explorer), but for file explore and others it stay unchanged. where could be the glitch.
I would love to see screenshots of the taskbar in a non-default position, and maybe some examples of problems?
disable Windows Defender option in Winaero Tweaker works great to disable it permanently in Win10 but only disables it temporarily in Win11 as Win11 silently re-enables Defender after being disabled for a while or when a new W11 cumulative update is installed.
It’s breaking things on Windows 11 22449
Sergey you are an absolute godsend. I don’t use desktop icons and the ability to get back the classic taskbar so that I can add the Recycle Bin as a new toolbar is so helpful. Thank you so much for your continued hard work on giving us the customisation that Microsoft keeps denying us.
I installed winaero on my computer. But with a setting, it turned from windows 11 to windows 10. And start is not working. so i am not satisfied with winaero. Please find solution.
Sorry, what? I didn’t understand anything.
The use of the taskbar replacement for win 11 adds about 30 seconds to the boot time. It hangs for a long time on the welcome screen even at log off / log on.
I appreciate the work you do to make windows adjustable to the needs of power users.
I would like to support your efforts but can’t seem to use PayPal. have you a suggestion with that regard.
Great app and use it every time I set up a new machine. Having just setup an Intel NUC 11 Enthusiast machine as my main desktop (superb by the way – blisteringly fast and silent; I should say I’m not a gamer) with Windows 11 Pro, I’ve used it again but I cannot get the Windows clock to display seconds despite it being set to show this within Winaero.
Thanks to the developer for all this years of help.
I’m having a problem thought, maybe someone can point me in the right direction, everytime I reboot my font settings reset I just use winaero to enlarge font everywhere, but I reboot and settings won’t stick.
What’s your Windows version?