The Task Manager app in Windows 8 comes with a feature called "Summary View", which allows you to modify the appearance of the app completely. When Summary View is enabled, the Task Manager looks like a desktop gadget. It shows CPU, Memory, Disk, and Ethernet meters in one compact window. Let's see how to activate this mode.
- Open Task Manager. Just press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC on your keyboard and it will be started.
- Switch to the Performance tab.
- Double click any meter on the left, for example CPU meter:
- The Summary View feature will become enabled:
- It is also possible to disable graphs while Task Manager is in the Summary view. Right click it and tick the "Hide graphs" option as shown below:
This makes the view even more compact. You can drag it to a corner of your screen and keep it running like a widget.
To return to the normal view, simply double click any of the four meters again. That's it.
You might also be interested in the following Task Manager-related articles:
- How to end a process quickly with Task Manager in Windows 8
- How to open the Startup tab of Task Manager directly in Windows 8
- How to copy process details from the Task manager in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8
- How the Windows 8 Task Manager calculates “Startup Impact” of Apps
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: