Yesterday Microsoft released Skype for Linux Alpha version 1.13. It is a new application which has nothing common with the previously available Skype 4.3. In this version, the application got support for sending SMS.
The change log for Skype 1.13 looks as follows:
- Enabled SMS sending
- Update to Electron 1.4.7
- Support for remote escalation of the 1-1 call to group call
- Improved crash reporting
- Added support for authentication token revocation
- Bugfixes and performance improvements
To try out the Skype app right now, do the following.
- Point your browser here: Skype for Linux Alpha
- Download and install the appropriate package.
- Open the apps menu and run it from there.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “Skype for Linux Alpha 1.13 brings the SMS feature to the app”
The new Skype for Linux is basically an appified Skype for Web but I guess it works rather well.