How to Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically in Windows 10
Daylight saving time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time (the United States and Canada) and summer time (United Kingdom, European Union, and others), is the practice of advancing clocks during warmer months so that darkness falls later each day according to the clock. Many applications and cloud services reference the underlying Windows operating system for daylight saving time (DST) and time zone (TZ) information.
To make sure that Windows has the latest and most accurate time data, Microsoft continuously monitors DST and TZ changes that are announced by governments around the world. KB 914387 provides a list of DST updates that have been released. It also includes a short summary of the content that is included in each update. This allows a consistent means for customers and partners to be informed whenever such an update is made available.
Windows 10 will automatically adjust the time for daylight saving time by default, but you enable or disable this setting when required.
To Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically in Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Time & language.
- On the left side, click on Date & time.
- On the right, enable (default) or disable Adjust for daylight saving time automatically for what you want.
- You can now close the Settings app.
You are done. Alternatively, you can use the classic Control Panel app.
Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically in Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to the following page: Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region.
- Click on the Date and Time icon.
- Click on the Change time zone button.
- Check (enable, used by default) or uncheck (disable) Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time for what you want, and click on the OK button.
- You are done.
Finally, you can change this option directly in the Registry. You must be signed in with an administrative account to continue.
Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically in Registry
- Download the following ZIP archive: Download ZIP archive.
- Extract its contents to any folder. You can place the files directly to the Desktop.
- Unblock the files.
- Double click on the
ENABLE adjust for daylight saving time automatically.regfile to turn on Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically.
- Double click on the
DISABLE adjust for daylight saving time automatically.regfile to turn off Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically.
- Restart Windows 10.
You are done!
How it works
The Registry files above modify the Registry branch
Tip: See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
The files change the following 32-bit DWORD values. Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: