Microsoft today released the first Chromium 94-based build of Edge in the Dev channel. It is notable for having several new policies, a second row of Top Sites on the New Tab Page, and for a few new features for iOS and Mac. Traditionally, there are fixes and general improvements.
What's new in Edge Dev 94.0.972.0
- Added a second row of Top Sites on the New Tab Page.
- Enabled the new Spellcheck experience on Mac.
- Added management policies (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet):
- To control if WAM Auth on versions Below Win 10 RS3 is Enabled.
- To control the Primary Password Setting, which controls if device authentication is required before autofilling a password in a webpage.
- To control if the Password Generator is Enabled.
- To control if Transparent Ad Providers are Enabled, which controls the blocking of certain trackers with Tracking Prevention.
- To control if the setting to Open Microsoft Links In Edge is Enabled.
- Improved the sign-in dialog when signing into the browser.
- Added support for full-page screenshots and InPrivate authentication via Face ID on iOS.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes crash after an OS upgrade.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where a webpage crash can sometimes also cause a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where interacting with PDFs sometimes causes the browser to freeze or crash.
- Fixed a crash when playing videos.
The list of known issues and other fixes can be found in the official announcement.
You can download the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider website. If you have installed Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically in a few hours. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to make it check for updates and get the most recent build.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: