Google Chrome 110 is available in the stable channel, and comes with several improvements and enhancements. It now supports NVIDIA's RTX Super Resolution technology, allows using biometric authentication before activating password auto-fill, adds a new offline work warning page to web apps, allows styling the picture-in-picture window, and shrinks the User Agent string even more.
You can download the latest version from the official website here.
What's new in Google Chrome 110
- Chrome 110 supports NVIDIA's RTX Super Resolution technology. It can upscale low resolution videos to 4K. It is enabled by default, but only works with the latest NVIDIA driver, and requires a RTX-30* or RTX-40* card. Also, the appropriate option can be enabled or disabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Includes the optional ability to use biometric authentication before auto filling saved passwords.
- If there is a network error, a new page will appear in standalone web apps that describes the issue. It only appears if the app doesn't support offline mode.
- Headless mode has received an update that brings up with it advanced features like support for Group Policies.
- When Safe Browsing > Enhanced protection is enabled, Chrome now collects telemetry about requested Cookies by add-ons. Google will use it to detect add-ons that steal users' data and track their activity.
- In addition, Chrome on Android now automatically updates the white list for the "Enhanced Safe Browsing" and "Make Browsing Better" modes using the inbox update delivery system. This will allow receiving updates for the white list much faster.
- Changing a compromised password is now more convenient. The browser also includes a bigger database for various sites with direct links to the password change form.
- Chrome is now at the 6th stage of trimming information in the User-Agent HTTP string and navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion and navigator.platform JS properties. In version 110 on Android, the User-Agent line looks like "Android 9; S". Earlier, it was something like Android 9; SM-A205U.
- The "chrome://settings/language" page offers advanced translation settings that allow you to select the current target language, languages that do not need to be translated, and languages that should always be translated.
- A new ":picture-in-picture" pseudo-class in CSS allows changing the appearance of interface elements for viewing video in picture-in- picture mode .
Finally, Chrome 110 fixes 15 security issues in the desktop and mobile apps. Some of them are mentioned on the official blog. Internally discovered vulnerabilities aren't included in the change log.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
2 thoughts on “Chrome 110 adds biometric authentication to its password manager, fixes 15 vulnerabilities”
I noticed a lot of changes with Google Chrome 110. So thanks for the info. Sergey, it helps me understand it a little more.
I’m glad to be helpful.