The Task Manager app in Windows 8 comes with a feature called "Summary View", which allows you to modify the appearance of the app completely. When Summary View is enabled, the Task Manager looks like a desktop gadget. It shows CPU, Memory, Disk, and Ethernet meters in one compact window. Let's see how to activate this mode.
- Open Task Manager. Just press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC on your keyboard and it will be started.
- Switch to the Performance tab.
- Double click any meter on the left, for example CPU meter:
- The Summary View feature will become enabled:
- It is also possible to disable graphs while Task Manager is in the Summary view. Right click it and tick the "Hide graphs" option as shown below:
This makes the view even more compact. You can drag it to a corner of your screen and keep it running like a widget.
To return to the normal view, simply double click any of the four meters again. That's it.
You might also be interested in the following Task Manager-related articles:
- How to end a process quickly with Task Manager in Windows 8
- How to open the Startup tab of Task Manager directly in Windows 8
- How to copy process details from the Task manager in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8
- How the Windows 8 Task Manager calculates “Startup Impact” of Apps