Sticky Notes is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app which is bundled with Windows 10 starting in "Anniversary Update" and comes with a number of features which the classic desktop app didn't have. Recently, developers announced support for images in Sticky Notes. Microsoft today released a new version of the app to Insiders in Skip Ahead, that finally includes the image attachments feature.
If you are not familiar with the third version of the Sticky Notes app, here are its key features:
- Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
- If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! We are introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
- Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, we channeled our dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
- Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
- You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
- We’ve applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
- Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
- Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Using mouse, touch, and pen.
- High Contrast.
- Dark theme
Sticky Notes version 3.6, the latest app version, is available to Windows Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring on build 18855+. It features the following changes.
What's new in Sticky Notes 3.6
• Add images to your Sticky Notes. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
• Improved speed and added icons to the context menu when selecting text.
• Many more bug fixes and improvements.
• Multi-desktop support is finally here. Stick your notes wherever your work takes you.
• Select specific notes with the taskbar or with Alt + Tab and Win + Tab. But do not worry, Ctrl + Tab still is there for you to only switch between your Sticky Notes.