Microsoft is releasing the Sticky Notes app version 3.1 to Windows Insiders in Skip Ahead. This new version includes dark mode, and a faster sync feature.
If you are not familiar with the third version of the Sticky Notes app, here are its key features:
- Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
- If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! We are introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
- Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, we channeled our dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
- Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
- You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
- We’ve applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
- Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
- Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Using mouse, touch, and pen.
- High Contrast.
In addition to these features, the Sticky Notes app adds a new dark theme. When enabled, the app will now use a dark gray background color in the main panel that hosts your notes.
By default, the app follows your Color preferences you have set for apps in Settings. Similarly the recently released Firefox 63 browser, Sticky Notes 3.1 will apply the dark theme automatically if you set the 'Dark' theme as your system and app theme in Windows 10.
The user can switch between the dark and light theme manually by using the appropriate option in app's settings.
If you are a Windows Insider who opted in to Skip Ahead, check your Microsoft Store app for updates.
The Sticky Notes app can be found on Microsoft Store, here: