Opera 48, which is in the developer branch as of this writing, comes with a handy screenshot tool which allows you to capture a portion of the opened page or the entire page. A new developer build, Opera 48.0.2670.0, features futher improvements to the page screenshots option.
A new keyboard shortcut will allow you to capture the screenshot of a page quickly. By default, it is set to Ctrl + Shift + 5.
The following statement appeared in the official blog.
Last Monday, we unveiled the snapshot tool for our browser, giving users a way to capture their favourite parts of the web. We received a lot of great feedback and comments from you – many thanks! – which will help us make your snapshot tool even better. Since then, we have been fixing some kinks for snapshot. It looks smoothers on retina displays and HiDPI screens, as well as having more stability on Windows. The adjustable selection area was upgraded to include clickable drag points for easier framing. Firing up the tool is quick with the handy, default shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + 5 (⌘ + ⇧ + 5 on macOS). This, like other shortcuts, can be modified in settings.
Besides the screenshot feature changes, there is a new "Feedback" option. In the address bar, there is a new icon on the right side.
If you faced an issue on a page, click the face glyph to open a list of common issue types. Select one or more appropriate issues, along with an optional comment, and hit Submit. The submission won’t tell us the exact page address, but it will give Opera developers the domain name and the problem(s) attached to it. This is enough information for them to dive into the entire issue.
Other changes in this build include:
- Converters show input unit together with value in case of precise highlight but ambiguous unit. This is also true for currencies. Try it out $10 vs. 10 USD.
- Conversion from South African rand is triggered only if ZAR is mentioned, for instance: 10 ZAR, but not when written as R 10.
- “Resume” button is shown when a download was interrupted by closing the browser.
- [Windows] Bookmark bar folder menu is displayed too high.
- Visual fixes for “Content blocked” and “Popup blocked” notifications in address bar.
To get this build, use the following download links.
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages