Microsoft is releasing a new version of their Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser. The update hits the Dev channel with version 184.108.40.206, featuring a number of fixes.
The change log for Microsoft Edge Chromium 220.127.116.11 highlights the following changes.
Appearance & behavior
- Added the number of additional tabs present in the window title.
- Fixed an issue where the + button to open new tabs is invisible.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted characters appeared in certain parts of the UI like the address bar dropdown or the … menu.
- Fixed an issue where clicking quickly on the X on entries on the history page would open them instead of deleting them.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the “Remove All” button to remove all cookies doesn’t do anything.
- Fixed an issue where the order of user profiles differed between the user flyout and the list in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where signing out of user profiles didn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where favorites sometimes don’t sync to other machines.
- Fixed an issue where the Read Aloud bar sometimes takes a long time to appear.
- Fixed an issue where entries on the history or download pages overlap at narrow window widths.
Reliability and security fixes
- Fixed an issue where switching between user profiles sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where sending feedback from a webpage that had crashed sometimes crashes the whole browser.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes hangs when it’s closed.
- Updated to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (18.104.22.168).
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes doesn’t launch.
- Fixed an issue where video controls remained on the Touch Bar after leaving the page with the video.
- Fixed an issue where refreshing the settings page caused certain UI buttons to appear to be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where menu text can appear white on white in certain situations.
The first Edge Dev build was released for Mac on Jun 4, 2019. The release features dark mode on macOS, which is welcomed by dark theme users. The Mac version of Edge doesn't support the IE Mode feature. Microsoft is also working on features exlcusive to MacOS, including support for the Touch Bar hardware available in modern Apple laptops.
At the moment of this writing, Edge versions are as follows:
The browser installs updates automatically. Also, you can manually check for updates by visiting the menu Help > About Microsoft Edge. Finally, you can grab the Edge installer from the following page:
I have covered many Edge tricks and features in the following post:
Also, see the following updates.
- Microsoft Edge Chromium is Receiving New Tab Page Customization Options
- Enable Microsoft Search in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Grammar Tools Are Now Available in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Follows System Dark Theme
- Here’s how Microsoft Edge Chromium looks on macOS
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium