Similar to Windows 8, the brand new Windows 10 comes with a secret hidden Aero Lite theme, which can be enabled with just a simple text file. It changes the appearance of windows, the taskbar and also the new Start menu. Here are the steps you need to perform to enable the Aero Lite theme in Windows 10.
After you apply the Aero Lite theme, the taskbar will become opaque, window frames will get borders and the entire appearance of the OS will be similar to what you get with the Aero Lite theme on Windows 8. If you want to try this theme yourself, do the following:
- Open the following folder in File Explorer:
- Copy the Aero.theme file to Desktop.
- Rename the file to AeroLite.theme.
- Run Notepad and drag your AeroLite.theme into the opened Notepad window.
- Make the following changes:
- in [Theme] section:
[Theme] Displayname=Aero Lite
- Save the file and double click it from the Desktop.
The Aero Lite theme will be applied.
Alternatively, you can use Winaero Tweaker. Go to Appearance -> Aero Lite. There are two options there.
Tip: You can use this tool to repair Windows problems and improve performance of the OS.
One activates the default Aero Lite theme with black window title text. The second one applies makes the window title text white. This feature works in Windows 8, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.