Microsoft has released new preview builds of Windows 11 (version 22H2) 22621.875 and 22623.875 (KB5018486) to the Beta channel. Build 22623.875 assumes new feature testing, and Build 22621.875 has them disabled by default.
Insiders who were previously on Build 22622 will be automatically upgraded to Build 22623 via a transitional package. That package increments the build number to make it easier for Microsoft engineers to distinguish between devices running these two builds.
If you are in a group with features disabled by default (build 22621.xxx), then check for updates and install an optional update that will make these features available (build 22623.xxx).
Changes and improvements in build 22623.875
- Taskbar optimized for tablets:
- The tablet-optimized taskbar is now available to all Windows Insider members on the Beta channel. Rollout of this feature started in build 22623.730 . Please note that the system tray improvements introduced in build 22623.476, including the ability to drag and drop system tray icons, are still not available to all Insiders on the Beta channel.
- The change that adds "Task Manager" to the taskbar context menu is now available to all Insiders on the Beta channel.
Fixes in Build 22623.875
- You can now swipe up in the taskbar area to expand the tablet-optimized taskbar.
- System tray updates:
Note. These fixes will only appear if your device has a tablet-optimized taskbar enabled. This feature is currently not available to all Insiders in the Dev channel.
- The "Show Hidden Icons" menu in the system tray should no longer block context menus opened after it.
Fixes in both builds
- New! Improved backup when using a Microsoft account. Also, some visual changes will be available on some devices. Now the changes are available only to some insiders. In the coming months, they will become available to more users.
- Addresses an issue that may cause some types of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) connections to fail. Failures can occur during the handshake process.
Developer Note: Connections that are affected are likely to receive one or more writes followed by a partial write less than 5 bytes within the same input buffer. If the connection fails, then a SEC_E_ILLEGAL_MESSAGE error is returned to the application.
- At the end of October 2022, there will be no daylight saving time in Jordan. The timezone will now always be UTC+3.
- Fixed an issue affecting transparency in layered windows. This happened when you were running remote applications in High-Definition mode, integrated locally (RAIL).
- We are investigating reports that audio playback has stopped working for some Insiders after updating to the latest builds on the Beta channel.
- Taskbar optimized for tablets:
- The taskbar may flicker when switching between desktop mode and tablet mode.
- Switching the taskbar to the touch version is taking longer than expected. This will be noticeable when switching between desktop mode and tablet mode.
- When opening the Quick Actions menu with a gesture in the lower right corner of the screen, the taskbar may not collapse and remain in the expanded state.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!