Here's how to add or remove Extensions Button from Toolbar in Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft has updated the Edge browser with a new feature for quick access to your installed extensions. There is a toolbar button with a puzzle piece icon that opens the menu with extension management options.
The idea behind the Extensions button is to save the toolbar space. Instead of placing all installed extension icons directly to the toolbar, the browser keeps the listed in the menu. To access the list, you need to click on the toolbar button with a puzzle piece logo. You can also pin your frequently used add-ons to the toolbar, so its icon will remain always visible. See the following screenshot.
The good thing about the new menu is that it is up to you to show or hide the Extensions button. There is an option for that in Edge settings. If you hide the toolbar button, all extension buttons will be always visible next to the address bar. The change is available in the latest Edge Canary as of this writing, and requires the "Extensions Hub" feature to be enabled.
This post will show you how to add or remove the Extensions toolbar button in Microsoft Edge.
To Add Extensions Button to Toolbar in Microsoft Edge
- Open the Edge browser.
- Click on the Settings button (Alt + F) and select Settings from the menu.
- On the left, click on Appearance.
- Finally on the right side, turn on the Show extensions button option under Customize toolbar.
- You have now the button in the toolbar.
You are done. The browser now has a nice clean look. All the extension icons are now hidden in the menu.
However, if you don't like having the button, it is easy to hide it using the following two methods.
Remove Extensions Button from Toolbar in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Open the menu (Alt + F) and select the Settings entry.
- In the left panel, click on the Appearance tab.
- Turn off the Show extensions button option on the right under the Customize toolbar section.
- The button is now removed from the toolbar.
You are done.
Alternatively, you can hide the Extensions button faster from its context menu. Here's how it can be done.
Hide the Extensions Toolbar Button with Right-click Menu
- Right-click on the button in the toolbar.
- Select Hide from toolbar from the context menu.
- The button is now hidden.
You are done
This method is much faster. However, in order to re-enable the button, you will need to visit the Edge settings again and enable the toggle option as described in the first chapter of this post. This can be done later at any time.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!