Since yesterday, Windows 10 build 15002 was out for Windows Insiders. As usual, official ISO images are not available as it is a Fast Ring build. Let's see how to create ISO images which you can use to install this build from scratch.
Windows 10 build 15002 is a build which was released using the Unified Update Platform (UUP). Thanks to UUP, Windows Update delivers delta updates. Delta updates are relatively small packages which include only the differences between installed and new files. Microsoft noted that this will reduce the size of updates up to 35%. This will affect the update download and installation time, since smaller updates will be transferred and installed much faster.
Due to delta updates, it became harder to obtain the full ESD files instead of delta packages. For some time, Microsoft disabled the new update mechanism, so interested people quickly found direct links to the required ESD files and re-uploaded them.
You can create Windows 10 build 15002 ISO images yourself in a few minutes using those files. Here is what you have to do.
- First, you need to get the ESD image file of Windows 10 build 15002. The actual links are as follows (via WzorNet):
Download ESD image files
These are full ESD files which can be easily converted to ISO. Pick a file which represents the desired edition and version. For example, the file for Windows 10 build 15002 PRO x64 English is 15002.1001.170102-1700.rs_prerelease_CLIENTPRO_RET_x64fre_en-us_06dc7668b78a03a300d05b98d17ebc87e366255a.esd
- Now download the ESD Decrypter tool from here:
Download ESD Decrypter for Windows 10 build 15002
- Extract the ESD Decrypter tool to any folder and put your ESD file in the same directory. Images match the build 14367, however, the instructions are applicable to Windows 10 build 15002:
- Now right click the decrypt.cmd file and run it as administrator from the context menu.
- Type 1 at the command prompt to build the full ISO image:
- Wait for a few minutes and enjoy your ISO file!
That's it. Now you can install Windows 10 build 15002 from scratch.
Thanks to all people who made this ESD-> ISO conversion possible.