Besides the new build for Windows Insiders, Microsoft has released a new cumulative update for those users who run the stable release Windows 10 TH2. Windows 10 build 10586, also known as version 1511 or Threshold 2, is the stable Windows 10 release available for now. With the latest cumulative update released yesterday, Microsoft has bumped its version to 10586.71.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Update & security -> Check for updates.
- Look for an update which has the following ID: KB3124262
Microsoft prepared a support page for the update. You can visit it by clicking the following URL: KB3124262
Unfortunately, it does not contain the change log for the released update. So it not clear for now what exactly was changed, updated or fixed.
Windows 10 build 10586.71 direct download links
Here are direct download links that you can use to install this update offline or on multiple PCs and save your bandwidth.
- Download KB3124262 for Windows 10 build 10586 x86
- Download KB3124262 for Windows 10 build 10586 x64
- Download KB3124262 for Windows Server 2016
Users who participate in the "Windows Insiders" program will not get this update. Instead, they will be updated to build 14251, which was also rolled out yesterday.