Vivaldi which started with the promise of giving you a highly customizable, full-featured, innovative browser is close to its first 1.0 release. Today, its developers rolled out the RC1 version of the browser. Let's see what is included in this version.
The version number for Vivaldi RC1 is 1.0.435.29. According to Vivaldi developers, they will rebuild this release with a few more updates to translations and then set it to update users of the beta channel in the near future.
As you could have expected, a number of bugfixes were included in this release. They are as follows:
- Omnibox dropdown only displays default search engine name (VB-14605)
- [Windows] [Linux] Black text on dark background happens with horizontal menus and color tab bar background (VB-14819)
- [Regression] Web panel home button or pressing Enter in the URL field will not cause a reload (VB-14790)
- Crash when loading URL with invalid character (VB-10640)
- Persist selected search engine in search field (VB-14733)
- Search suggest for Wikipedia, and DuckDuckGo for other regions (VB-14705)
The key features worth mentioning are as follows:
- The bookmark import process was notably improved. Now it is possible to import bookmarks and passwords from Opera 12.x protected by a master password.
- It is possible to sort bookmarks from the context menu of the bookmarks toolbar.
- The ability to assign a hotkey to switch between light and dark browser themes on the fly.
- The browser comes with a new Welcome page.
- Now it possible to display bookmarked pages as icons only, but keep labels for folders created on the bookmarks toolbar. This is very useful.
- Fixed a bug with URL auto completion.
- Fixed a bug with web site thumbnails which were removed from Speed Dial when the user removed the browser history.
That's it. You can download Vivaldi RC1 using these links: