Microsoft today released Skype for Linux Alpha version 1.16. It is a new application which has nothing common with the previously available Skype 4.3. The change log for version 1.16 is relatively small. Let's see what has changed.
- Updated to Electron 1.4.14
- Use keyboard Alt-key based menu shortcuts (where possible)
To try out the Skype app right now, do the following.
- Point your browser here: Skype for Linux Alpha
- Download and install the appropriate package.
- Open the apps menu and run it from there.