Microsoft today released yet another Windows 10 Insider Preview version. Windows 10 build 16199 which represents the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, code name "Redstone 3", is available now for Fast Ring Insiders.
This build comes with the following fixes and improvements:
- Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) will now work as expected on touch-enabled PCs.
- [DEVELOPERS] The XAML designer in Visual Studio 2017 hits an error causing a squiggle error under ThemeResource references to XAML’s generic.xaml resources. Please update to the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 Preview (Version 15.3 – 26510.00) or later. If Visual Studio 2017 Preview is already installed, users can update by starting the Visual Studio Installer, and clicking the Update button. You can confirm you have the right build of Visual Studio Preview by going to Help > About to confirm you are on Version 15.3 (26510.0-Preview) or later.
- We fixed an issue resulting in many Win32 apps not launching if certain 3rd party antivirus programs were active prior to upgrading.
- We’ve updated Windows Defender Security Center so as to no longer flag disabled drivers as issues. We have also adjusted the health scan logic so that using maximum brightness when connected to AC power will not flag a warning. Appreciate all who shared feedback on the subject.
- As a result of low usage, we’ve made the decision to remove the Note quick action.
- We’re updated our migration logic so that going forward from this build the state of rotation lock will be preserved across upgrades.
- We fixed an issue resulting in color profiles being ignored after launching certain fullscreen games.
The list of known issues looks as follows:
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Outlook 2016 may hang on launch due to an issue where the spam filter gets stuck reading the Outlook Data File and the UI waits indefinitely for it to return. We’re investigating.
- We are investigating reports that Microsoft Edge fails to open PDFs with “Couldn’t open PDF. Something is keeping this PDF from opening” error.
- [UPDATED] You will be unable to type in your password to log in to any UWP apps such as Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Messenger apps.
- Games such as Civilization VI may fail to launch on this build.
- Windows Mixed Reality won’t work on this build. If you are a developing testing and developing for Windows Mixed Reality, you will want to avoid this build. If you update this build and need Windows Mixed Reality, you will need to roll-back to Build 16193.
- VIM is broken for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) users – we’re investigating.
- The choice command fails when run in a Command Prompt script.